I’m not a make-up junkie, I don’t buy new make up often, I’d prefer to buy new clothes rather than new make-up to be honest, but just like most women these days, I hate going out without having a little bit of make-up on. I’m not an expert, so I won’t give advice on what make-up you should buy or what to do, I can’t even do winged eye liner properly! But I would like to recommend some make up stuff that i have that I usually carry in my make-up travel bag.
I LOVE Estee Lauder’s Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara! I love how it make my eyelashes longer and adds volume without making it look too heavy like a few other mascaras I have tried. Another bonus is it’s also very easy to clean at the end of the day! There is an excellent review on Makeup For Life about this product, I would highly recommend checking it out!
- I love YSL Rogue Volupte Shine Lipstick the most, it’s very long lasting, very moisturising, and smells great!
- I carry two Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipsticks from the Holiday Blockbuster 2014 collection, one in the Sugar Honey Shimmer Shade, and the other is the Bois de Rose Creme Shade. I love the colours, while it is moisturising, it does leaves my lips slightly dry after a few hours but the colour stays on my lips.
- I have two MAC lipsticks, one is MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in the Creme Cup shade, and the other one is MAC Archie’s Girl in the Betty Bright shade. I’m not really a fan of MAC lipsticks, but I definitely love these two nude colours lipstick.
- Revlon Colorbust Matte Balm in the Audacious shade, I like to mix this orange balm with other lipsticks.
- Maybelinne Color Show in Pinkalicious shade. It’s very cheap and glossy. I love the shade.
- The final one is a brand from Indonesia called Sariayu in the Intan shade. I was given this lipstick by my old boss as a gift, and I surprisingly like it very much. The shade is very natural, and it’s very moisturising as well.
For my eyebrows, I keep an Eyebrow Pencil by Revlon in the Dark Brown shade, and Maybelinne Brow Drama brow mascara in the Soft Blonde Shade.
Lip balm is a must for me because I have very dry lips. Usually I keep simple a Nivea lip balm with me, but I don’t have it in hand at the moment to check the name! I do also keep a EOS Lip Balm in the Sweet Mint flavour. It’s gets the job done, but I prefer my Nivea lip balm more.
Blush and Eyeshadows
- I have an Urban Decay Naked Flushed Blush. I really like the pink blush, but it also comes with bronzer and highlighter so its perfect.
- I also have 12 shades of Estee Lauder’s Pure Color EyeShadow and two shades of Estee Lauder’s Pure Color Blush, all of which came as part of the Estee Lauder 2014 Blockbuster Luxe Color bundle. The colour for the blushes are very natural, and I love all the colours for the eye shadow.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to keep my eye make-up stays very long.
I keep a travel size bottle of Estee Lauder’s Modern Muse Eau De Parfum in my make-up bag. It’s been pretty useful when I’ve forgotten to bring my normal perfume!
You may have noticed that I don’t have foundation or any type of powder in my make up travel bag, something that most girls usually have! That’s because unfortunately I have a very dry and sensitive skin, it makes it very difficult to use foundation daily. 🙁
Instead I prefer to use a very simple Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer. It is fragrance free, and to be honest it is what has work best for me. I’ve been using this moisturizer for few years now and it hasn’t ever let me down! And there is a great review from girlmeetslife, check it out if you want to know more about this product!
I don’t always wear nail polish, but I like to keep one or two in my Makeup Travel Bag, because you will never know, you might need it :). I usually like to keep neutral colours, so it will match well with any outfits. In the picture, I have Black and Gold nail polishes from OPI Gwen Stefani collection, which I absolutely LOVE!
Most of the stuff that I mentioned in this post are pretty affordable, because you don’t need to buy very expensive makeup if you can find very great quality makeup in cheaper price 🙂